Wednesday, May 27, 2009

NEHGS newsletter for the week

Hi all, I received my NEHGS e-newsletter for the week today and there are a couple of highlights. First, they have added a database for early Maine wills and York Co, Maine deeds. It is a database based on the CD that NEHGS released in 2006. For those doing 17th and early 18th century Maine research, this CD/database would be of great use. I've only been able to confirm my Maine lineages to the late 1700s so as of right now, this isn't of great use to me. I think one of the two branches that lived in Maine might stretch this far though so I'm thinking I might play around with the database since I'm an NEHGS member. If anyone has the CD or has spent some time searching the database already, let me know. I'd love to hear about any success stories.

The second highlight of this week's newsletter is the note about the NEHGS Sales Department, which apparently has "library-quality copies" of more than 10,000 out of print books. I wasn't aware of that so for for those of you looking around for some of those all-important local reference works, you might want to check out the inventory online, if you are an NEHGS member. If not, you can contact the Sales Department at sales@nehgs.org

No comments:

Post a Comment