Monday, April 20, 2009

Update on Delaware Co, PA records

Ok, so after reading a great article on PA records, and general history, by Kay Haviland Freilich ("Research in Pennsylvania", NGSQ v. 90, March 2002") I was determined to pin down the tax records of Delaware Co, PA which the article mentioned had been transferred to Neumann College in Aston. I sent an email to the library inquiring about the tax lists and received a reply this morning saying that they have been transferred again to the Delaware County Historical Society and for me to contact them. I thought, no problem, I've seen their website before (I was actually going to post it here on the site) but when I went to go to the page, it appears that their site has been closed down. It used to be at www.delawarecountyhistoricalsociety.org. So my next step will be to try and email the owner of the site at www.delawarecountyhistory.com to see if they may know of the tax lists and/or the status of the DCHS website. Keep an eye on the comment section for this thread for an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment