Friday, April 30, 2010

Wishing I was out in Salt Lake right about now...

Wow, I'm really not happy about not being able to make it out to the NGS conference this year. My plan was to go to IGHR in June and then to the FGS conference in Knoxville later in the summer rather than the NGS conference since I have some research in Knoxville that I would love to be able to do on-site. Now, due to scheduling, it looks like I may not be able to go to the FGS conference afterall which means missing both national conferences this year. I'm really hoping I can make it work out. But my experience at the NGS conference last year, in Raleigh, was so great I know I'm really missing all of the fun out there now. Not to mention that the site is the home of the FHL; think about it, being surrounded by all those films of records from all over the world. A trip out there is definitely a must, I wish I could have made it out there this time. But, there's always next year. I believe I read somewhere that the NGS conference next year will be in Charleston, SC which is one of my favorite cities, and I have a good friend who lives there too so I'm already planning that one out. Hopefully it will work out.

In any case, I hope everyone out in UT right now is enjoying themselves and taking full advantage of everything happening out there. Have a great time and hopefully I'll see you all in Knoxville!

No comments:

Post a Comment