Monday, June 29, 2009

Finally back to the blog

Well after an extremely long and frustrating house/apartment-hunting trip to Illinois, I am back home and ready to get to work on a bunch of new projects. First though, a little catching up with the blog.

Did anyone go back and take a look at a brick wall obstacle in their files? Come up with a new plan? I got my research plan on a problematic ancestor together while I was away and I can't wait to get started. More on that later.

Also, before I left I brought up the possibility of doing some special spotlight-type posts such as book reviews, photo days, search questions, etc. I received a few emails on the subject and there was some interest in the search question days as well as book reviews. So I'll see if I can figure out a plan for integrating those things into the page. The search question idea that was brought up to me sounds good but it would rely upon submissions from the readers, not just my own research issues. So if you've got an issue that you would like to see presented to the site, then start emailing me about it. Once I get an idea of how to get these ideas off the ground, I'll start putting them up. I have a few ideas for the first book review too so hopefully that will be something to look for in the next few weeks. This is still such a new blog so I can't wait to start giving it a bit more direction. Should be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment