Tuesday, June 8, 2010

SLIG!!

Just a quick reminder to everyone that registration for 2011 SLIG (Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy) opens this Thursday (June 10th) at 9 am MST. The early registration fee for this year is $320 and it will be held at the Radisson in downtown Salt Lake City, UT. The Radisson is offering a special rate for those attending and, according to the UGA website, they will also be coordinating room-sharing. For more info on the Institute, see http://www.infouga.org/

Tom Jones will be teaching his Advanced Methodology course this year, and there are several locale-specific courses as well including a New England course with hands-on consultation time from NEHGS experts.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to go yet, but I'd love to. The cost for the registration, plane fare, hotel for at least 5 nights, and meals for all of those days, plus the fact that it's held in January while my son is in school and my husband will most likely be working 16 hour days makes it difficult for me to fathom an attempt. However, I'm working on a plan...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to come up with something before Thursday because like IGHR, registration for SLIG fills up fast. So if you have even the slightest desire to go, you'd better hop on the 'puter and register early.

No comments:

Post a Comment